Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A not so in-depth analysis of League of Legends





A friend of mine referred me to an "interesting" new game called League of Legends, based on an old Warcraft 3 mod called "defense of the ancients". I never played "dota" but I have played other real time strategy games so I wasn't in total confusion the first game I played "lol". The idea is that two teams of five split up into 3 different tunnels through a forest where minions constantly spawn to try to reach a single nexus at the other side. Your team wins when your minions destroy that nexus, but they can't do it on their own. You have to use your characters' abilities to kill the other team so that you can destroy the turrets defending their nexus. Apparently you can pay real money to have access to every single champion in the game, but they rotate ten free champions a week, so its a hybrid free-to-play plan I can totally appreciate.
There are more champions with so many abilities I couldn't keep track of it all, so theres TONS of variety. I got bored after about a half dozen losses but I could see how this game could get really addictive for those that can actually win. I highly recommend anyone who plays real time strategy games to give this a try, great fun for either no or very small investment (unless you don't play video games in which case disregard!)

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index

9 comments:

  1. LoL is an amazing game, i think you'll have some fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda like HoN, another DOTA ripoff. I personally love DOTA, but it'd be hard for me to play an emulation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. might look into checkin that out! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved dota and hon but sadly could never get into LoL even though a bunch of my friends play it. (because it is free most likely) Maybe its the odd graphics..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun game to play!
    Mesty =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna play this game so bad! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DOTA was AWESOME & LOL is ok...but HON is where it is at!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow this reminds me of runescape, I'll definitely try it out

    ReplyDelete